Monday 19 May 2014

Pondicherry!!





I still remember sitting outside a liquor shop in Bombay and waiting for it to open. Yes, the agenda for the day was to get drunk. With never enough money to drink the entire day in a pub, starting with a liquor shop was the only option we had. Also, Bombay is not very pocket friendly anyway. 

So, I had bought a newspaper while traveling to Bombay from Pune and both of us happened to notice an article in the newspaper, while waiting outside the shop, about magnificent houses and holiday homes. Both of us fancied the structures and picked up cities where we wanted to live. Blame it on the time we had and the shop owner who probably had one too many the previous night. 

Yesterday, while I moved in to my fifth city since then, found that piece of paper and interestingly I had chosen Pondicherry. While all these years, I used to think that I have changed quite a bit and not the same person I used to be ( I think most of us think that way, dont we?).  But the fact that I still want to settle down in the same city makes me wonder - probably not much has changed. Though, looking at the rate at which I am changing lives and cities, I doubt if I would ever be able to save enough money to buy a house or have the stability in life to settle down in one place. But if I ever do, it has to be Pondicherry. I was there last month and I absolutely love the place.  

No comments:

Post a Comment